Ya girl is back with wrapping up her June TBR and showing off her TBR for July!
If you saw my June wrap-up, you know that June was my best reading month of all time (in terms of quantity), but it was not my best month in terms of me actually reading from my TBR. (yikes).
And I’m not that mad about it? Because I read some pretty hefty books, and while I wish I read more queer books, I think I read a pretty solid amount!
So after all that chaos, July is gonna be a pretty chill reading month, and I’m honestly so excited about it. I don’t think I’m going to read that much especially in the second half of the month, because I just found out that I am going to be doing a whole lot of travelling this month (to Hong Kong, Malaysia, and China!) and next month too.
I also feel tired (and feeling a bit of reading burnout), and want to slow down my reading a little and to allow for some mood reading.
Thus in July, I am going to list a few books that I want to read but allowing myself to mood read to my heart’s content (with me mainly trying to catch up or to surpass some of my reading challenges, especially Year of the Asian, as well as catch up on all my anticipated releases).
I will be reading at my own pace, and honestly? That sounds ideal. I took 4 days to finish a book (rather than my usual 2-3) and I feel fantastic about it.
And I’ve already read/currently reading/about to pick up a few of these, and I’ll note where that is the case as well as jot down a few of my thoughts.
Also! If anyone wants to buddy read any of these books (or honestly, anything), please let me know, because I’d love to do a few this month!
June TBR Wrap Up
✔️ = read
❌ = did not read
🐬 = currently reading
⏱️ = on hold
- Days Past (Chain of Gold Extra Content, #2) by Cassandra Clare (1st) ✔️
- Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Robin Wasserman, Kelly Link (4th) ✔️
- The Beholder (The Beholder, #1) by Anna Bright (4th) ❌
- Hungry Hearts edited by Elsie Chapman and Caroline Tung Richmond (18th) ❌
- Fake It Til You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen (18th) ✔️
- Anger Is A Gift by Mark Oshiro ✔️
- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale ✔️
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore ❌
- Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston ✔️
- You Must Not Miss by Katrina Leno ✔️
- Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno ✔️
- We Set The Dark On Fire (We Set The Dark On Fire, #1) by Tehlor Kay Mejia ❌
- Kingsbane (Empirium, #2) by Claire Legrand ❌
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver ❌
- That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K Johnston ❌
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo ✔️
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram ❌
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett ❌
- Finale (Caraval, #3) by Stephanie Garber ❌
- A Heart In A Body In The World by Deb Caletti ✔️
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare ✔️
I have an anticipated releases of the second half of the year coming up (albeit very late due to the sheer amount of content I have planned) that will go into more detailed about these titles, so stay tuned for that!
(And yes, all of these have already come out. Please bear with me and my lateness, yikes).
- The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu (2nd)
- A “quiet YA” psychological thriller featured a well-done toxic friendship, coupled with some great reviews from reviewers that I trust? I’m so here for this.
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim (9th)
- I was blessed enough to read and review this as part of the blog tour, but I need an excuse to feature this beauty again. For all you all who haven’t read it, consider this a reminder to.
- Maybe This Time by Kasie West (9th)
- I love Kasie West, and seeing event planning in YA contemporary. This sounds like the ideal summer contemporary that I need in my life. Kasie, please don’t let me down.
In June and the first few days of July, I took a few trips down to the library and the bookstore and came out with some beauties that I would really like to complete, especially since the library books have to be returned by the end of July. I am pretty excited to read all of these, honestly.
- Kingsbane by Claire Legrand
- I already finished this and this was just as amazing as I expected.
- Finale by Stephanie Garber
- I really enjoyed the Caraval series (though I’m salty about the disappointment of Legendary). I’ve heard great things about this one, so I hope it’s good.
- Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean
- This has been on my Year of the Asian priority TBR, and I should probably get to it soon.
- We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal
- West Asian fantasies are so rare, and I’ve heard some great things about this one!
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
- I was originally meant to buddy read this with Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books in June, but it ended up not working out. I may end up buddy reading this with her in the next few months (maybe in July?), but I’m not sure yet.
These are books that I already have read and loved, and are books that I borrowed out from the library for a reread. It would be cool to reread these, but I’ll only do it if I’m in the mood for them. If I don’t get to these, I won’t exactly cry about it.
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- My favourite book of the year. I cried too many times while reading this one.
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- An honourary favourite of the year! This was so lovely, and warmed my heart while breaking it. An absolutely phenomenal story.
Do you do TBRs? If so, how did you do on your TBR last month? What are some of your most anticipated releases for this month, and some books that you are dying to get to in July?
I would love to know!