Today’s post is a really special post … because today marks TWO years of me blogging?
It’s absolutely insane, and I can’t believe it. And it’s been a pretty great two years, honestly.
This post is going to be looking back on the past year (in terms of blogging – qualitatively and quantitatively) and just me shouting out a ton of my friends, so prepare yourself for a ton of wholesomeness!
This year, especially, has been the year where I feel like I really took blogging more seriously, ramped up the quality of my content, and just felt a lot more comfortable blogging. And yeah, there’s been some bumps in the road, but in general. The blogging life has been pretty good!
(Also! I just stole the exact formatting of this post from my one year blogiversary post, so feel free to check that out if you want?)
I just really want to apologise for disappearing again. I seriously don’t mean to do it, but life is kind of … a lot right now and I just keep doing it? I’m really going to try to be more consistent, but I just picked up another commitment and like. I seriously don’t know. (I’ll talk about it in my February Wrap Up post, which is spoiler! My next post). But I’m genuinely going to try, because blogging here is a ton of fun even though ya girl needs to seriously improve her time management.
What I’ve Learnt & Cool Things That Happened This Year:
- More blogging friends! In 2019, I really found some of my FAVOURITE people in the community, and some of my best friends here ever? I’ll talk more about them in another section in this post but I’m just beyond thankful for their presence in my life ❤
- Time Management. In 2019 (especially from August onwards) I really struggled with managing my time between school, life commitments and blogging things? ANd in order to produce content in a timely manner, I really had to schedule out and find pockets of time in which I could dedicate to blogging. Admittedly, it’s still not the best, but I’ll get there. I hope.
- Wrote some of my favourite content I’ve ever produced? I feel like in 2019, I really expanded myself with the type of content I’ve generated – from book recommendations to discussions and round-ups and everything … It’s been pretty great. And I’m interested to see what 2020 is going to bring me.
- Blog growth. I feel like I gained a notable chunk of my followers/audience this year, and have seen considerable blog growth, which is always pretty cool? I mean, I consider myself a person who doesn’t care about statistics too much, but growth is always a nice feeling. And I’ve also seen some personal growth this year too, which is always cool, too. I guess?
Can you tell I’m fumbling for what to say.
- Finding more stable ground with blogging … but also disappearing? A lot? While I feel like I was getting more familiar with and finding more stable ground with blogging, I did end up disappearing a lot because of school and all? I feel like I’ve apologised for it so many times, and I’m really trying to do better, but with the amount of schoolwork and life commitments I have, it’s just really easy to fall behind blogging-wise, and it SUCKS. I don’t know how consistent I will be with it in 2020 (because I picked up a new blogging commitment), but I’m going to do my best.
- I fell behind on comments. Like, really fell behind. Linking to what I said earlier, I fell behind on EVERYTHING blogging-wise (don’t even get me started on interaction) and I still have comments from October I haven’t answered yet. I’m trying to get through it slowly and surely, but I’m trying not to beat myself up about it because mental self-care? I guess?
- Read some of my favourite books … and developed my brand? I found some really solid books in 2019 that I really loved … but I also found some of my FAVOURITE books ever? Which, uh, help to develop my blogging brand? *cough* Darius the Great *cough* Not sorry though, and you all will have to deal with my screaming over it for you know. Forever.
- Co-won the Small Book Blogger Awards? I know I’ve mentioned this a bunch of times in my end of year recaps, but it is a pretty significant thing that happened to me blogging-wise, so I’m inserting it here. Stopping here now but yeah I love you guys so much ❤
- Improved my aesthetic! While my blogging aesthetic is admittedly something that I’m not 100% in ~love~ with, I’m so much happier with how I’ve developed it in 2019 and I just love all the blue and the soothing kind of aura it creates (can you tell blue is my favourite colour?)
I don’t really like to talk about statistics, because I just don’t understand why it is necessary to fixate on numbers? I get it makes some people uncomfortable, but I’m only including it here because I just want to use it to look back on my year. Just for that reason. I (tried) to put it in a toggle so you don’t have to see it if you don’t want to. Completely up to you!
Statistics (just for 2019):
Posts Published: 75
WordPress Followers: 368
We’ve come to what is probably my favourite part of this whole post: the shoutouts! Even though it’s a known fact that I absolutely SUCK at interacting with everyone, I’ve found (and maintained) friendships with some people in this community that I truly love with my whole and entire heart, so I always like having a little appreciation section for them!
Please note that if you’re not listed it does not mean I don’t love you, because I seriously just love you all so much and this post would be as long as a whole master’s essay if we did that.
<small>Me thinking about you all because you all are amazing and deserve the entire world seriously ily</small>
(In no particular order!)
Iris, thank you for being my number one supporter forever and always, I honestly don’t know I would’ve done without you the past few months, you deserve the absolute world and more // Clo, you are seriously the most amazing human ever and thank you for just existing, I love you endlessly // Ju, you are truly one of the funniest people ever and I love and miss our DMs so much // Cas, I don’t understand how you’re just so smart and so wise and like … just such a beautiful human all and around? Nothing but all my uwus // Caitlin, how do you manage to be absolute blogging goals and so smart and just so amazing and … wow, I’m truly astounded that we became friends? Truly beyond honoured to be friends with such an icon // Aline, I miss you so much every day and our DMs and our buddy reads and everything, I hope you’re killing IB // May, you are an absolute blogging icon and just so brilliant at everything you do, I don’t get how that’s physically possible? I love you and hope we can meet up in Bangkok at some point // Marie, you’re seriously my blogging role model and just so so supportive and wonderful and just the best blogging big sister I could have asked for // Ilsa, I honestly think that you are one of the most intelligent people I know and your discussion posts are god-tier, it was a blast co-hosting the Legend readalong with you (and that group chat, my favourite) // Dezzy, do you know that you are literally the sweetest human being alive and that you have my whole heart? (And I love you and the group chat so much) // Lily, please know that you are actual goals in seriously EVERYTHING and wow can I be you? You are an absolute legend and wow look at you go and please take care of yourself too // Cailin, I feel like we haven’t talked in years, but I hope everything is going amazing with college apps and all and I know you’re going to kill it and also you’re just one of the purest humans alive? // Kelly, you are literally THE most amazing teen blogger advocate and we love you for it? (Along with so much else) and you are literally a bundle of joy ahh we stan // Olivia, we haven’t really talked too much, but you are just THE sweetest human to exist and you leave the most beautiful comments ever (I WILL get to them, I promise, I’m so sorry) and are an absolute ray of sunshine // Tiffany, you are genuinely THE cutest human ever to exist and we definitely haven’t talked as much as I would have liked but you’re amazing and I love you a whole lot // Melanie, aka the most wholesome human alive, I am literally obsessed with your BookTube channel and your ASMR (you got me intrigued by it for sure) and literally everything you do and you’re just goals?? In absolutely everything? I don’t know how that is physically possible but you pull it off anyways // Shealea, you are truly my blogging role model in everything and thank you for all you do. We love and appreciate you so so much in this house and WOW look at you go you absolute icon!! // CW, yay for Malaysian-Chinese blogger solidarity! Literally another one of my blogging role models, you truly excel at everything you do and you’re just such an angel ahh // May, how are you so sweet and so amazing and such an amazing artist? I love you beyond words and just saying, your art can step on me and I would say thank you // Elise, I’m so happy you’re living your best life in college!! You’re such an amazing writer and have god-tier song recommendations, thank you for recommending songs that take up at least half of my favourite songs of the year list every year // Lais, you are an actual angel! We definitely need to talk more and your blogging content is seriously A+, I just love everything you do honestly ❤
If I’m being honest, I would have quit blogging a while back if it wasn’t for you guys. While I do love blogging, what keeps me in the community is all the friendships and solidarity I have found from this community. Not to be overly cheesy, but the fact that I have a place that I go to when I want to talk about books with other people who love them just means the world to me, and I’m seriously so grateful for it. Blogging has made my life better, and I’m so grateful that I decided to create and publish my first blog post two years ago.
This part (and this conclusion, I suppose) is a place for me to say thank you to everyone who read my blog, interacted with me (even though I’ve been horrible at it), followed the blog and those who did all the three. I genuinely do not believe there are enough words in the English language for me to describe how much I love and appreciate you guys.
So, thank you. I love you all ❤
I can’t believe it has been two years (still reeling when I’m typing this) since I started blogging … I just genuinely cannot.
What blogging milestone have YOU hit recently? How has your blogging year been so far? And who are your favourite bloggers? (I seriously need to find more amazing book bloggers)